Firstly, if you’re looking for amazing wedding planning ideas, then look no further! For those of you who’ve never heard of a Wedstival, it’s basically one heck of a wedding celebration that goes on for a few days! After all, why should it be a one day affair? You can find out more about Wedstivals here.
Here are our top tips for planning the biggest and best Wedstival:
- Hang bunting wherever you possibly can because lets face it, what wedding is complete without bunting? Drape it everything such as walls, archways, ceilings and trees.
- Opt for colour, the more, the better! From vibrant bunting to cushions and ribbon.
- Choose your spot wisely. Having access to a river or beach is a great way for your guests to keep cool during a summer celebration. Also somewhere that already has electrical points would be a good shout and one less thing for you to worry about.
- Choose your venue with your wedding photos in mind. Choose somewhere with a beautiful and natural backdrop.
- Hire musicians to rock your chosen venue.
- Provide face glitter for amazing after party photos!
- Have plenty of games for your guests to engage in. Whether you opt for fairground rides or lawn games like giant jenga, croquet or connect 4, your guests will be in fits of giggles.
- Designate tasks to your guests such as cooking, cleaning and hosting. Throwing a Wedstival yourself is one mean feat and so roping your nearest and dearest in to help would make it a lot more manageable.
- Have plenty of food and drink such as candyfloss stations, prosecco vans and paella trucks. Take it from us, your guests will love it!
- Have a back up plan in the event of bad weather. Make sure there is plenty of cover under marquees if the heavens were to open!
- Gift wellies as wedding favours.
- Create handmade signs to help your guests navigate to the nearest toilet, food van and entertainment.
- Enjoy the laid back, fun atmosphere a Wedstival is sure to bring!
Browse Other Wedding Planning Ideas Here
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram