So your venue is booked, your wedding dress is sorted and now it’s time to think about your wedding guests. When it comes to the wedding favours, it’s something that is ingrained in our tradition and is a way of saying thank you to your guests for being a part of your special day. Favours date back for centuries and are thought to have originated from the upper classes who offered sugar almonds to their guests as a thank you. This was at a time when sugar was very expensive and not everyone could afford it but as sugar became more and more affordable to everyone, favours became something everybody participated in. Nowadays, we live in a world where people love being different and enjoy having things that are unique and that stands out from the crowd. That means that wedding favours can be pretty much anything you want them to be, from candles, to chocolates and even blankets to keep your guests warm. We may all have different favours but the one thing that remains the same is that a lot of thought goes in to each idea. The last thing you want is for your wedding favours to be wasted on your guests so to avoid disappointment, we’ve compiled an extensive list of wedding favours that people will actually use.
1. Why not share the luck by giving your guests a lottery ticket each. Your guests will absolutely love this idea!! Although it might be worth having an agreement in place so that if they hit the big jackpot, you’re entitled to half 🙂
2. If you’re having a wedding outdoors then spare a little thought for your guests who may get a bit chilly as the sun goes down. Offer them a blanket to help keep them warm. Honestly, they will be so thankful for the kind gesture.
3. Say thank you with cooking oils – Believe it or not, there are some stunning oils out there. From chilli oil to orange infused oil to pistaccio oil and even white truffle oil. It’s true! Your guests will really look forward to using these.
4. There’s not a lot of people who would turn down an alcoholic beverage at a wedding so give them each a mini bottle of champagne and they will love you for it. You can get mini bottles of champagne for as little as £2 per bottle.
5. As the DJ plays on, why not offer your guests a basket filled with flip flops / sandals and a chance to kick off their heels and dance the night away in something a bit more comfortable.
6. Sparklers are always good fun and can create a really lovely atmosphere for you and your guests. They also make for great photo opportunities.
7. If you’re not allowed to bring your own alcohol to your choice of venue, why not give your guests a ticket so they are able to enjoy a drink at the reception.
8. Chocolates are bound to go down a treat so why not display them on a tray with a little note to say thank you.
9. If your meal is over by 5pm and you’re planning on having music and alcohol until the early hours of the morning. Why not give your guests a tasty midnight snack. They will absolutely love you for it.
10. How’s the weather looking for your big day? Perhaps it’s a bit overcast with a slight chance of showers? Well, to be on the safe side, why not offer your guests an umbrella (just incase.) If it does rain, they will really appreciate the kind gesture! You could even have a parasol type umbrella that will also shelter them from the sun if it ends up being too hot. It’s a win win!
11. Who doesn’t love a good cuppa tea? Why not create a jar of loose leaf tea with a cute sign saying ‘Love is Brewing.’ If you prefer, you could even offer your guests a jar of hot chocolate, perhaps with a dash of baileys? It’s the perfect treat for your guests, especially if many of them are staying over at the venue. What a perfect way to end the night.
12. This is definitly one of our favourites and could even save you money. Why not merge your centrepieces with your favours. This may just look like a floral display to you but they’re actually cupcakes made to look like a bouquet. This will certainly get your guests talking!
13. Little jars of sweets are the perfect way to say thank you. Did you know that dolly mixtures have been around since at least the 1920’s. Perfect for a vintage themed wedding.
14. And last but certainly not least, the ultimate hangover cure! This will certainly come in handy when the nights over and your guests are waking up feeling a little worse for wear.
So there you have it, 14 awesome wedding favours that your guests will actually benefit from. Your guests will be talking about your fun wedding favours for many years to come!