Are you getting married on or around the 21st November? Well, this would mean you’re getting married on or around National Gingerbread Day!! And we sure think this is a cause for celebration! This time of year is jam packed full of festive fun, so why not incorporate some autumnal festivities into your big day with this gingerbread recipe, perfect for wedding favours!
- 350g plain flour
- 175g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- Icing sugar
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line two baking trays with baking paper
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, ginger and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add butter and mix until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Beat the egg and syrup together and add to the mix
- Knead the dough until firm (Add more flour if neccessary) wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Roll out the dough and use cutters to create biscuits in the shape you want them to be
- Place on the baking tray, leaving a 1cm gap between each one
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until they turn light brown / golden.
- Move to a wire rack and allow to cool
- Once cooled, decorate with icing sugar and sprinkles.